Monday, January 19, 2009

Snowy Poems

Despite having been fully convinced I could never write a decent poem just a week ago, for the second time this week I've felt inspired to write poetry. Todays poems are:


A Flurry of Contradiction

With shouts of glee,

the children squeal,
It's snowing! It's snowing!

Look it's snowing!

Snow floats free,
soft as a whisper.
Gliding gently, always knowing,

pure magic touches.

Worlds Collide.
A squeal, a sigh,
both magic in their knowing,

snowing way.




Nap Time

Twitch,

fidget,

talk to a bear.


Shhh,

sleep,

Rest my dear.


Quiet music,

dim the light.


Watch the snow fall,

soft and white.


Embrace the stillness

with a sigh,


While in quiet

of sleep you lie.

4 comments:

  1. You're getting pretty darn good at this :D

    I love, love the second one. I know it's about getting the kiddos to sleep, but it reminds me of actually watching the kiddos while they sleep. Magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually my inspiration for the second one was the peaceful quiet of watching the kids nap, and not wanting to wake them up when it was time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe well, then it reminded me of the right thing :D

    ReplyDelete