Friday, March 20, 2009

Sensing a Storm

I see...
the clouds roll in,
like blankets,
protecting me,
from the light of day.

I smell...
the sharp sweet aroma,
of coming storms,
buzz of electricity mixing,
with subtle earthiness of rain,
dancing together,
like preschoolers singing,
two different songs.

I hear...
the wind,
like whistles in the trees,
the rain,
like drums on the roof,
coursing a beat through me,
both calling me to dance,
and lulling me to sleep.

I feel...
raindrops drench my skin,
waking me up with excitement,
like the first plunge,
into a spring swimming pool,
while wind tugs at my hair,
like gentle little fingers,
"fixing" it for me.

I taste...
the air,
filled with dampness,
mingling earth,
and rain,
and storm,
like the sweet spicy delicateness,
of warm tea mixed with honey.

1 comment:

  1. I love this imagery. It's beautiful just to see how us reacting with earth and weather is like an intimacy with the creator.

    ReplyDelete